tisdag 21 februari 2012

Step 1, the foetus; sculpting the core skeleton

The foetus is part of character number 5, the scientist, it is going to float in a glass jar in the scientist hand.



First of all, you need to make an armature for the sculpt, I made it in galvanised wire, which is very firm, combined with a thinner one to bound the different parts together.

On the armature I then sculpt the skeleton that will create the core for the silicone skin.



Starting with white Fimo clay, using reference images collected from photos of bird and human foetuses.

Then I add some details such as intestines and ribs with red and brown fimo, there is no point being to detailed since smaller things won't show through the skin. I also made big eye balls in brown fimo.



I add some pins on several different places to the core, these will be my touch downs when moulding.

Then just put it in the oven for 20 min at 110 degrees. Then it is done for the next step.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar